JAMB History Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the JAMB History syllabus? JAMB History syllabus for this year? JAMB History syllabus 2023/2024? or JAMB History syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get JAMB History syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass JAMB History once and for all? This is the question so many JAMB 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “JAMB History syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
JAMB History Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in History is to
prepare the candidates for the Board’s examinations. It is designed to test their achievement of the
course objectives, which are to:
- impart knowledge of Nigerian history from the earliest times to the present;
- identify the similarities and relationships between the people of Nigeria as they relate to the
issues of national unity and integration;
- appropriate African history and Africa’s relationship with the wider world;
- analyze issues of modernization and development;
- evaluate the past and relate it to the present and plan for the future.
Recommended Textbooks for JAMB History
- Abba, A (2006): The Politics of Mallam Aminu Kano, Kaduna Vanguard and Publishers.
- Ayandele, A. E. et al (1986): The Making of Modern Africa, The Twentieth Century Vol2., Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1971): History of West Africa Vol. I, London, Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1974): History of West Africa Vol. II, London, Longman.
- Akinloye, S. A. (1976): Emergent African States: Topics in Twentieth Century African History, Longman.
- Akinyemi, A. B., Agbi, S. O and Otunbanjo, A. O. (eds) (1989): Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 years. (International Relations) Vol x, Heinemann. Ibadan.
- Anene J. C. and Brown, G (1966): African in the 19th and 20th centuries, Ibadan: University Press.
- Anene J. C. (1966): Southern Nigeria in Transition, 1885 Â– 1906, Cambridge: University Press.
- Anene, J. C and Brown, G (eds) (1972): African in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries: A Handbook for Teachers and Students, Ibadan: University Press and Nelson.
- Ashiwaju A. I., Croder, M and Denzer, I. R. (eds) Tariki 25, Grassroots Leadership in Colonial West Africa, Vol. 7, London: Longman.
- Atanda, J. A. Ashiwaju, G and Abubakar, Y. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First Years: Religion Vol. i., Ibadan Heinemann.
- Barkindo, B. et al (1989): Africa and the Wider World, Vol. 1. Lagos: Longman.
- Barkindo, B. et al (1996): African and the Wider World, Vols. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman.
- Boahen, A (1969) The Revolutionary years: Africa since 1800, Longman publishers.
- Boahen, A (1969): The Revolutionary years: West Africa since 1800, Longman Publishers.
- Sokoto Caliphate: History and Legacies, 1804 Â– 2004, vols. I and II, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Celeman, J. S. (1986) Nigeria: Background to Nationalism, Benin: Broburg and Wistrom.
- Clerk, T. A. (1991): Right Honourable Gentleman: The Life and Times of Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Zaria: Hudahuda Publishing Company.
- Cohen, D. I. and Daniel, J. (eds) (1981): Political Economy of Africa: Selected Readings, London, Longman.
- Crowther, M.West Africa:An introduction to its History, Longman,1977.
- Crowther, M. Nigeria: An introduction to its History, London:Longman,1979.
- Dike, K. O. (1956): Trade and Politics in the Niger Delta, London: Oxford University Press.
- Ekeh, P. P and Ashiwaju, G. (eds) (1989): Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years: Culture, Vol. VII, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Falola, T. et. al (1989): History of Nigeria Vol. I, Lagos: Longman.
- Falola T. et. al (1989): History of Nigeria Vol. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman.
- Gboyega, A., Abubakar, Y and Aliyu Y. (eds) (1989): Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years Public Administration, Vol. III, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hallet, R. (1975): Africa since 1875, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hopkins, A. G. (1973): An Economic History of West Africa, Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Independence Movement in Africa (Part I), Vol. 3, No. 4 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Government in Pre-Colonial Africa, Vol. 4, No. 2 London, Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated): Peoples and Kingdoms of West Africa in the Pre-colonial Period, Vol. 5, No. 1 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated) Tarikh: Europeans Conquest and African Resistance (Part 2), Vol. 4, London: Longman.
- Ikime, O (1977) The Fall of Nigeria: The British Conquest, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O (ed) (1974) Leadership in 19th Century Africa: Essays from Tarikh, London: Longman
- Ikime, O. (1968) Merchant Price of the Niger Delta, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O. (ed) (1980) Ground work of Nigerian History, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Iseihei, E. (1983) A History of Nigeria, London: Longman.
- Jorre, J. D. (1972) The Nigeria Civil War, London: Hordder and Stoughton.
- Kani, A. M. and Gandi, K. (1990) A State and Society in the Sokoto Caliphate, Series I, Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto.
- Mahdi, A., Kwanashei, G. A and Yakubu M. (eds) (1994) Nigeria: The state of the Nation and the Way Forward, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Martin, P. M and Omera, P. (1995) (eds) Africa (Third Edition), Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Mohammed, B. (1982) Africa and Non-alignment: A study in the Foreign Relations of New Nations, Kano: Triumph Publishers.
- Mohammed A. S. and Adamu, S.(eds) (2005) Nigeria and the Reform of the United Nations, Zaria: Hanwa.
- Nzula, A. T., Potekhin and Zusmanovich (1979) Forced Labour in Colonial Africa, London: Zed Press.
- Offiong, D. A. (1980) Imperialism and Dependency: Obstacles to Development, Enugu: Fourth Dimension Publishers.
- Ojigbo, O. (1982) Shehu Shagari: The Biography of NigeriaÂ’s First Executive President, Yugoslavia MlandiskaKnjiga.
- Okafor, I. (1989) History for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha, Jet Publishers.
- Oliver, T. and Afmore, A. (1996) Africa since 1880 (Fourth Edition) New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Olusanya G. O. (1973) The Second World War and Politics in Nigeria, 1939 Â– 1953, Ibadan: Evans.
- Omar O. (1966) The Zulu Aftermath: A Nineteenth-Century Revolution in Bantu Africa, London: Longman.
- Omolewa, M. (1986) Certificate History of Nigeria, Lagos: Longman.
- Onoja, I. (1998) Peace-keeping and International Security in a Changing World, Jos: Mono Expressions.
- Onwubiko, K. (1983) School Certificate History of West Africa, Onitsha: African Â– First Publishers.
- Tamuno, T. N. and Atanda A. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years. Vol. III, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Tamuno, T. N. and Atanda J. A. M. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years. (Government and Public Policy), Vol. IV, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Tamuno, T. N. and Ukpabi, S. C. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years (The Civil War years). Vol. IV, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Thompson, L. A. (2000) History of South Africa, Yale: Yale University Press.
- Usman Y. B. (ed) (1979) Studies in the History of Sokoto Caliphate, New York: Third Press International.
- Usman Y. B. (ed) (1981) The Transformation of Katsina, 1400 Â– 1883, Zaria: Ahmadu Bello University Press.
- Usman Y. B. (ed) and Alkali M. N. (1983) Studies in the History of Pre-Colonial Borno, Zaria: NNPC.
- Usman Y. B. and Kwanashei, G. A. (eds) Inside Nigeria History 1950-1970: Events: Issues and Sources (Presidential Panel on Nigeria: Since Independence), University of Ibadan.
- Usman Y. B. (ed) (1989): Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years: The Society Vol.I, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Usman Y. B. (2002) Election Violence in Nigeria: The Terrible Experience, 1952 Â– 2002, Zaria: Abdullahi Smith Centre for Historical Research.
- Webster, J. B. and Ikime, O. (eds) Tarikh: Early African Christianity, Vol. 2. No. 1. London: Longman.
- Wilmot, P. F. (1980): Apartheid and African Liberation: The Grief and the Hope, Ife: University of Ife Press.
- Yakubu, A. M., Jumare, I and Saeed, A. G. (eds) (2005) Northern Nigeria: A century of Transformation, 1903 Â– 2003, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Yakubu A. M. (2006) Emirs and Politicians: Reform, Reactions and Recrimination in Northern Nigeria, 1950 Â– 1966, Kaduna: Baraka Publishers.
I hope I have answered your question on “JAMB History Syllabus And Hot Topics “, now please share it with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me of anyone you feel is not correct by using the comment box below!
- Required Documents For Neco Correction of Names 2023 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In DELSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In COOU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply