JAMB Music Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the JAMB Music syllabus? JAMB Music syllabus for this year? JAMB Music syllabus 2023/2024? or JAMB Music syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get JAMB Music syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass JAMB Music once and for all? This is the question so many JAMB 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “JAMB Music syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
JAMB Music Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Music is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives which are to:
- appreciate and discuss music fairly and critically;
- identify, through written analysis, the features of the music of the different periods of Western
and African music history, peoples, its forms, and the media;
- appreciate the influence of sociocultural factors on the lives and music of musicians.
Recommended Textbooks for JAMB Music
- Akpabot, S. E. (1986) Foundation of Nigerian Traditional Music, Ibadan: Spectrum.
- Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (1958) Rudiments and Theory of Music, London.
- Cole, W. (1969) The Form of Music, London: The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
- Echezona, W. W. C. (1981) Nigerian Musical Instruments, Enugu: Apollo Publishing Ltd.
- Ekwueme, L. (1993) Choir Training and Choral Conducting for Africans, Lagos: Lenaus Advertising and Publishing Company.
- Holst, I. (1963) An ABC of Music, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hosier, (1961) Instruments of the Orchestra, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hunt, R. (1960) Elements of Music.
- Inanga, A. (1993) Music for Secondary Schools Vols. I and II, Ibadan: Spectrum.
- Kamien, R. (1990) Music: An Appreciation, London: McGraw Â– Hill Publishing Company.
- Kennedy, M. (1985) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music, (Third Edition), London: Oxford University Press.
- Kitson, C. H. (1978) Elementary Harmony Book 2, London: Oxford University Press.
- Kofoworola, Z. O. And Lateef, Y. (1987) Hausa Performing Arts and Music, Lagos: Nigeria Magazine.
- Lovelock, W. (1953) A Concise History of Music, London: Bell and Hyman.
- Lovelock, W.(1996) The Rudiments of Music, London. G. Bell and sons Limited.
- Machlis, J. (1977) The Enjoyment of Music, New York: W. W. Norton.
- Mensah, A. A. (Undated) Folksongs for Schools, Accra.
- Morris, R. O. (1974) The Oxford Harmony, Vol. I, London: Oxford University Press.
- Nketia, J. H. (1974) African Music, New York: W. W. Norton Company.
- Palmer, K. (1965) Teach Yourself Music, London: The English University Press Limited.
- Reed, H. O. (1954) Basic Music: A Basic Theory Text, New York:, N. Y. Mills Music Inc.
- Taylor, E. (1989) The Guide to Music Theory, London: The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music.
- Warburton, A. O. (1955) Graded Music Course for Schools, Books I Â– III, London: Longman.
I hope I have answered your question, now please share it with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me of anyone you feel is not correct by using the comment box below!
- Download UNIABUJA Post UTME Past Questions PDF Free 2022 - March 3, 2023
- Download RSU Post UTME Past Questions PDF Free 2022 - March 3, 2023
- Real JAMB Government Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study 2023 - March 3, 2023
Leave a Reply