Waec Biology Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Biology syllabus? Waec Biology syllabus for this year? Waec Biology syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Biology syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Biology syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Biology once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Biology syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
Waec Biology Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
Aims and Objectives
This syllabus is designed to assess candidates’
Understanding of the structure and functions of living organisms as well as an appreciation of nature.
Acquisition of adequate laboratory and field skills to carry out and evaluate experiments and projects in Biology.
Acquisition of necessary scientific skills for example observing, classifying, and interpreting biological data.
Acquisition of the basic relevant knowledge in Biology needed for future advanced studies in biological sciences.
- Acquisition of scientific attitudes for problem-solving.
- Ability to apply biological principles in everyday life in matters that affect.
- personal, social, environmental, community health, and economic problems.
- Awareness of the existence of interrelationships between biology and other scientific disciplines.
Scheme of Examination
There will be three papers:
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
- Paper 3
All papers must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
Will consist of fifty multiple-choice objective questions drawn from Section A of the syllabus (the section of the syllabus which is common to all countries).
It will carry 50 marks and last for 50 minutes.
Will consist of six essay questions drawn from the entire syllabus.
The paper will be put into three sections, Sections A, B, and C.
Will consist of four questions drawn from Section A of the syllabus.
It will be for candidates in Ghana only and will be drawn from Section B of the syllabus (ie the section of the syllabus peculiar to Ghana).
It will consist of short-structured questions.
It will be for candidates in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Liberia and will be drawn from Section C of the syllabus (ie the section of the syllabus containing material for those countries only).
It will also consist of short-structured questions.
Candidates will be expected to answer two questions from Section A and all the short-structured questions from either Section B or Section C.
Each question in Section A will carry 20 marks while the compulsory short-structured questions in Sections B and C will carry 30 marks. The total score will be 70 marks.
The paper shall take 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Will be a practical test (for school candidates) or a test of practical work (for private candidates) lasting 2 hours and consisting of three sections: Sections A, B, and C.
This will consist of two compulsory questions drawn from Section A of the syllabus, each carrying 25 marks.
This will be for candidates in Ghana only.
It will consist of one question drawn from Section B of the syllabus and will carry 30 marks.
This will be for candidates in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Liberia.
It will consist of one question drawn from Section C of the syllabus and will carry 30 marks.
Candidates will be expected to answer all the questions in Section A and one question in either Section B or C.
The paper will carry a total score of 80 marks.
WAEC Recommended Textbooks For Biology
- Ndu, F.O. C. Ndu, Abun A. and Aina J.O. (2001) Senior Secondary School Biology: Books 1 -3, Lagos: Longman.
- Odunfa, S.A. (2001) Essential of Biology, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Ogunniyi M.B. Adebisi A.A. and Okojie J.A. (2000) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools: Books 1 Â– 3, Macmillan.
- Ramalingam, S.T. (2005) Modern Biology, SS Science Series. New Edition, AFP
- Stan. (2004) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools. Revised Edition, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Stone R.H. and Cozens, A.B.C. (1982) Biology for West African Schools. Longman
- Usua, E.J. (1997) Handbook of practical Biology 2nd Edition, University Press, Limited
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Biology syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Actual EKSU Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Actual EBSU Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In EBSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply