Waec Catering Craft Practice Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Catering Craft Practice syllabus? Waec Catering Craft Practice syllabus for this year? Waec Catering Craft Practice syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Catering Craft Practice syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Catering Craft Practice syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Catering Craft Practice once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Catering Craft Practice syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
Waec Catering Craft Practice Syllabus
The general objectives of the catering craft syllabus are to test candidates
- level of development of professional attitude and skills;
- understanding of all food commodities in terms of cost, quality, and use;
- understanding of the methods of cooking and the ability to produce a variety of dishes and drinks for various types of occasions, establishments, and individuals;
- understanding of dietary adequacies and procedures for producing dishes;
- understanding and application of hygienic practices in handling food;
- acquisition of necessary skills required for the production of pastry and confectionery products;
- application of the methods of choosing, caring for, and storing kitchen equipment;
- knowledge of safety precautions in catering;
- enterprise skills in menu costing and planning.
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3. Papers 1 and 2 will be combined in a 1½ – hour composite paper.
Paper 1: This will comprise forty multiple-choice questions to be answered in 40 minutes for 40 marks.
Paper 2: This will comprise six short essay questions out of which candidates will answer five within 50 minutes for 40 marks.
Paper 3: This will be an alternative to a practical test and will comprise five short structured questions. Candidates will be expected to answer all the questions in 40 minutes for 40 marks.
WAEC Catering Craft Practice Textbooks
The list of WAEC recommended textbooks for Catering Craft Practice;
- Restaurant and catering operations by: Doyin Akin-Bankole Pub. Diamond Publications Surulere, Lagos. Nigeria.
- Basic Certificate Catering. A Hand book for basic schools: by Mrs. Jessie Osei Kofi Pub. Rainbow Publications Limited, Kumasi – Ghana.
- The Theory of catering by Cesrain&Kinton’s.
- Practical Cookery by Foskett, Ceserani&Kinton.
- Food and Beverage Service by: Dennis Lillicrap and John Cousins
- O – Level and CSE Cookery Angela Creese.
- The Kingsway Book of Cookery – Dora Seton.
- The students Cookery Book by: Ehid O’Reilly – Wright.
- Catering – A guide to Teachers and students by Igboanbusi, J.N.
- Essentials of Catering Management by: Omozuwa O.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Catering Craft Practice syllabus pdf”, now please share it with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Download UNIABUJA Post UTME Past Questions PDF Free 2022 - March 3, 2023
- Download RSU Post UTME Past Questions PDF Free 2022 - March 3, 2023
- Real JAMB Government Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study 2023 - March 3, 2023
Leave a Reply