Waec Clothing And Textiles Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Clothing And Textiles syllabus? Waec Clothing And Textiles syllabus for this year? Waec Clothing And Textiles syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Clothing And Textiles syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Clothing And Textiles syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Clothing And Textiles once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Clothing And Textiles syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
Waec Clothing And Textiles Syllabus And Hot Topics
The aim of the course in Clothing and Textiles at the Senior High School level is to train students to acquire knowledge and skills in clothing production and management.
This equips students with employable skills to improve their quality of life and that of society.
The examination syllabus is aimed at testing the basic knowledge and understanding of candidates in
- career opportunities in Clothing and Textiles.
- basic scientific knowledge in Textiles e.g. fibres, origin and construction (fabrication), selection, fabric combinations, use and care of fabrics.
- the significance of clothing, selection of appropriate clothing for all occasions and figure types.
- the selection, use and maintenance of sewing equipment.
- the clothing production skills e.g. pattern, freehand cutting and general processes in clothing construction.
- the knowledge in designing and decorating family clothing and household articles.
- the skills in the repair, renovation and remodelling of clothing and care of clothes.
- the development of entrepreneurial skills and work ethics in Clothing and Textiles.
- the development of techniques for promoting Clothing and textile products (modelling, exhibition, etc.).
Scheme of Examination
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of sixty multiple choice objective questions all of which must be answered within 1 hour for 60 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six short-structured essay-type questions.
Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 1 hour and 30minutes for 60 marks.
PAPER 3: Will consist of two sections.
One section will be a practical test and the other will test candidates’ familiarity with their course work.
The paper will carry 100 marks and will last 2 hours and 30 minutes.
There will be 30 minutes of preparation time prior to the conduct of the test. The test will be conducted by a visiting Examiner appointed by the West African Examinations Council.
The articles for the course work together with their pattern pieces should be presented to the visiting Examiner for assessment, for 20 marks.
WAEC Clothing And Textiles Textbooks
The list of WAEC recommended textbooks for Clothing And Textiles;
- Clothing and Textiles for Senior Secondary Schools by Ministry of Education, Ghana.
- Needlework for Schools by Melita M. Neal.
- Needlework Notebook by Rhiannon Davies.
- Certificate Needlework by Cecile Miles.
- Basic Needlework by W. Bull.
- Home Economics for Schools Books 1, 2 & 3.7.
- Dressmaking Made
- Simple by Gideon Lippman and Dorothy Erskine.
- Clothes by Margaret Butler.
Items Required for Clothing And Textiles
- Full-length dressing mirror;
- Cutting out scissors;
- Trimming scissors;
- Pinking shears;
- Embroidery scissors
- Buttonhole scissors;
- Cutting-out table
- Sewing needles and pins
- Tape measure
- Sewing machine
- Ironing board/pressing iron, etc.
- Buckets (metal and plastic)
- Wooden turner
- Washing bowls
- Wooden Tonges
- Iron pots.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec for Clothing And Textiles syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Actual EKSU Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Actual EBSU Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In EBSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply