Waec Dyeing and Bleaching Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Dyeing and Bleaching syllabus? Waec Dyeing and Bleaching syllabus for this year? Waec Dyeing and Bleaching syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Dyeing and Bleaching syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Dyeing and Bleaching syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Dyeing and Bleaching once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Dyeing and Bleaching syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
Scheme of Examination
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3, all of which should be taken. Papers 1 and 2 shall be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: The paper will consist of forty multiple-choice questions drawn from the entire syllabus.
Candidates will be required to answer all the questions in 45 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: The paper will consist of six essay-type questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any four of the questions in 1 hour 40 minutes for 60 marks.
PAPER 3: This paper will evaluate candidates’ skills in tie-dye, batik, and printing. The paper shall have three alternatives:
- Batik (Wax or Starch Resist)
- Printing. Candidates shall answer the question(s) of the alternatives only.
- The paper shall be rendered on fabric with dye-resist materials and printing inks.
Each alternative shall carry 100 marks.
Candidates shall have 30 minutes for preparation after which the test will commence and last for four hours.
The test will be conducted and assessed on the spot by a visiting Examiner appointed by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
The question paper will be made available to candidates at least two weeks before the date of the test.
Waec Dyeing and Bleaching Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study
This syllabus is intended to create a platform for an objective assessment of candidates’ understanding of the socio-economic prospects of Dyeing and Bleaching.
Through this, the extent of their skills in exploiting Dyeing and Bleaching for wealth creation, self-sustainability, and poverty eradication shall be evaluated.
Candidates will be tested on their
- knowledge and practical skill in the functional and productive manipulation of dyes and chemicals on fabrics;
- creative ingenuity in visual representations;
- ability to produce finished designed fabric for appreciation and economic patronage;
- understanding of the safety measures in executing dyeing and bleaching.
Materials Required For Waec Dyeing and Bleaching
- Bee wax
- Boiling ring / Electric Kettle
- Bowls of different sizes
- Brown paper or old newspaper
- Brushes, sable, and bristle
- Caustic soda, hydrosulfite, chlorine, chlorous, sodium chloride
- Cutting knives
- Cutting saw/ machine
- Drawing pins
- Drawing sheet
- Fabric (assorted)
- Frame for stretching fabric and a medium-sized screen printing frame
- Hand drier
- Pressing iron
- Lino sheets
- Lino cutters
- Long table for printing
- Masking tapes
- Metal pot
- Mixing cups
- Needle and thread
- Nylon(thick or carpet)
- Padded table
- Paddle stick and ladle
- Palette knife
- Plastic buckets
- Poster color
- Rubber gloves
- Rubber rollers
- Spraying gun, automizer machine
- Template(different sizes)
- Texfast ink
- Wooden hanger
- Opaque ink
- Seriset and bichromate (blue emotion)
- Plain glass
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Dyeing and Bleaching syllabus pdf”, now please share it with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- JAMB Registration Form 2023 Full Guidelines And Instructions - March 3, 2023
- Recommended Ways To Fix Jamb Misspelled Email 2023 - March 3, 2023
- Fail Waec/Neco SSCE? – See 7 Important Things You Should Do 2022 - March 3, 2023
Leave a Reply