Waec Economics Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Economics syllabus? Waec Economics syllabus for this year? Waec Economics syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Economics syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Economics syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Economics once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Economics syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
This is the official Waec 2023 syllabus on Economics. This syllabus is designed to assess candidates’ knowledge of basic economic principles needed for rational decision-making relating to individuals, businesses, government, and society.
Such knowledge is necessary for enhancing their appreciation of government economic policies, problems of implementation, and how they impact the economy.
Waec Economics Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
This will help candidates to understand that economics is not only an academic field of study but also a practical subject.
The syllabus will test candidates’
- knowledge of the basic economic principles, concepts, and tools for economic analysis;
- understanding of the structure and functioning of economic institutions – commercial, agricultural, industrial, and financial institutions;
- understanding of the basis for rational economic decisions;
- ability to explain the basis and structure of the West African economy, including the roles of
- agriculture, industry, and mining and their contributions to the national income;
- ability to follow the role and status of the West African countries in international economic relationships;
ability to appreciate the problems West African countries encounter in their economic development.
WAEC Recommended Textbooks for Economics
Here is the list of WAEC recommended textbooks for Economics;
- Aderinto, A.A et al (1996) Economics: Exam Focus, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Black, J. (1997) Oxford Dictionary of Economics, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Eyiyere, D.O. (1980) Economics Made Easy, Benin City, Quality Publishers Ltd.
- Fajana, F et al (1999) Countdown to SSCE/JME Economics, Ibadan: Evans.
- Falodun, A.B. et al (1997) Round-up Economics, Lagos: Longman.
- Kountsoyiannis, A. (1979) Modern MicroEconomics, London: Macmillan.
- Lawal, O.A. (1985) Success in Economics, London: John Muray.
- Lipsey, R.G. (1997) An Introduction to Positive Economics, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Samuelson, P and Nordhaus, W. (1989) Economics, Singapore: McGraw-Hill.
- Udu E and Agu G.A. (2005) New System Economics: a Senior Secondary Course, Ibadan: Africana FIRST Publishers Ltd.
- Wannacott and Wannacott (1979) Economics, New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Brownson-oton Richard (2010) What is Micro-Economics? Niky Printing and Publishing coy.
- Brownson-oton Richard (2010) What is Macro-Economics? Niky Printing and Publishing coy.
There will be two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2; both of which will be in a composite paper to be taken in one sitting.
Paper 1: Will consist of fifty multiple-choice questions to be taken in 1 hour for 50 marks.
Paper 2: Will consist of eight essay-type questions in two sections: Sections A and B. Section A will consist of two data response questions.
Candidates will be required to answer four questions in all, choosing one question from Section A and any three questions from Section B. The paper shall last 2 hours for 80 marks.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Economics syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- JAMB Registration Form 2023 Full Guidelines And Instructions - March 3, 2023
- Recommended Ways To Fix Jamb Misspelled Email 2023 - March 3, 2023
- Fail Waec/Neco SSCE? – See 7 Important Things You Should Do 2022 - March 3, 2023
Leave a Reply