Waec Fisheries Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Fisheries syllabus? Waec Fisheries syllabus for this year? Waec Fisheries syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Fisheries syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Fisheries syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Fisheries once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Fisheries syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
This syllabus has been designed to assess Fisheries as a trade for livelihood with emphasis on the acquisition of knowledge and skills in Fisheries and entrepreneurial skills associated with the content.
Candidates will be expected to answer questions on all the topics set out in the column-headed Syllabus.
The notes therein are intended to indicate the scope of the questions which will be set, but they are not to be considered an exhaustive list of limitations and illustrations.
Waec Fisheries Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
- Click here to download the Alternative A syllabus now
- Click here to download the Alternative B syllabus now
Aims and Objectives
The syllabus will therefore seek to assess candidates on:
- the importance of fisheries in the socio-economic development of West Africa;
- skills in fish farming;
- basic entrepreneurial skills in fisheries-related vocations;
- the effects of water pollution on fishery resources;
- fish preservation and processing techniques.
Waec Fisheries Requirements
Schools offering Fisheries must have at least a small glass/plastic tank/aquarium and a fish pond/concrete tank.
- The study should be supplemented by visits to well-established fish farms, fisheries research institutions, fishing companies, and other institutions related to fisheries.
- It is recommended that candidates keep practical notebooks that should contain records of activities based on laboratory and individual observations carried out in glass tanks/aquaria and fish farms, field trips, and also records of specimens collected.
- Schools should prepare an album of fishery organisms, fishing gear, crafts, and different fish-rearing facilities and equipment for teaching purposes.
Scheme of Examination
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which should be answered within 40 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: This will consist of six essay questions. Candidates will be required to
Answer four questions within 2 hours for 80 marks.
PAPER 3: This will be a practical paper for school candidates and an alternative to a practical work paper for private candidates.
Each version of the paper will consist of four questions all of which should be answered within 1½ hours for 60 marks.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Fisheries syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Download UNIABUJA Post UTME Past Questions PDF Free 2022 - March 3, 2023
- Download RSU Post UTME Past Questions PDF Free 2022 - March 3, 2023
- Real JAMB Government Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study 2023 - March 3, 2023
Leave a Reply