Waec Forestry Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Forestry syllabus? Waec Forestry syllabus for this year? Waec Forestry syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Forestry syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Forestry syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Forestry once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Forestry syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
The Senior High School Forestry Syllabus has been structured to assess candidates’ knowledge of forestry and forest conservation.
It will also assess candidates’ knowledge and skills in forestry practices that will form the basis for sound tertiary education in forestry and also make them employable in the forestry industry and related disciplines.
Waec Forestry Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
Scope of Contents
Questions will be set on the topics listed in the column headed ‘content’.
The notes therein are intended to indicate the scope of the questions but are not to be considered as an exhaustive list of limitations and illustrations.
Waec Forestry Requirements
- Schools offering Forestry are expected to keep demonstration plots where a variety of both indigenous and exotic forest trees are grown and maintained to develop their skills in the management of forest stands.
- It is recommended that students of the subject should visit forest reserves, national parks, zoos and forest plantations, forestry institutions, and industries for experiential learning as part of their coursework.
- It is also recommended that they will keep practical notebooks and specimen albums. These should contain records of activities based on laboratory, nursery, and field observations to develop their documentation skills.
Aims of the Syllabus
The syllabus will seek, among others, to assess candidates’
- appreciation of the importance of forests to life;
- knowledge and skills in current forestry practices;
- understanding of the effects of population growth on forests;
- understanding of the causes and effects of forest degradation;
- understanding of the regulations governing the use of forests and forest resources;
- knowledge of the functions of forestry sector institutions;
- basic skills in establishing and managing forest plantations;
- ability to contribute to the conservation and sustainable use of forests.
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple-choice objective questions, all of which must be answered within 1 hour for 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay-type questions. Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 2 hours for 20 marks each.
PAPER 3: This will be a practical paper for school candidates or an alternative to a practical work test for private candidates. It will consist of four questions all of which must be answered within 2hours for 60 marks.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Forestry syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Required Documents For Neco Correction of Names 2023 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In DELSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In COOU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply