Waec Geography Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Geography syllabus? Waec Geography syllabus for this year? Waec Geography syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Geography syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Geography syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Geography once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Geography syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
The Geography syllabus is designed to evaluate candidates’ knowledge of the features of the earth’s crust (internal and external), the spatial spread of the physical and human features,
the interactions that exist between man and these spatial features, the changes that occur over space as well as the effects of those changes on man with a view to maintaining sustainability in man’s ecosystem.
This examination syllabus is based on the assumption that not less than three hours of teaching per week will be allocated to the subject.
Waec Geography Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
Scheme of Examination
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: will consist of fifty objective questions to be taken in 1 hour for 50 marks. The questions will be drawn from topics in the syllabus that are common to all the member countries. Candidates will be required to attempt all the questions.
PAPER 2: will contain nine essay-type questions out of which candidates will be required to answer four in 2 hours for 80 marks.
It will be made up of two sections; Sections A and B for candidates in Nigeria and three sections; Sections A, B, and C for candidates in Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia.
Candidates in Nigeria will be required to attempt four questions in all, choosing two questions from each of Sections A and B. Candidates in Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia will be required to attempt four questions in all, choosing at least one question from each of Sections A, B, and C.
The questions will be distributed in the sections as follows:
Section A: Economic and Human Geography
This will consist of three essay-type questions on Economic and Human Geography. Candidates in Nigeria will be required to attempt any two of them while candidates in Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia are to attempt at least one of the questions.
Section B: Regional Geography of Candidate’s Home Country
There will be a set of three essay-type questions on Regional Geography in each Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia.
Candidates in Nigeria will be required to answer two of the questions on their country while those in the other countries will answer at least one out of the sets for their countries.
Section C: Regional Geography of Africa
There will be three essay-type questions drawn from Africa for candidates in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and The Gambia out of which candidates are expected to answer at least one.
PAPER 3: Elements of Practical and Physical Geography
Will consist of eight essay-type questions out of which candidates are to answer four in 1 hour 50 minutes for 70 marks. Question 1, on map reading and interpretation, will be compulsory for all candidates and will carry 25 marks while the other questions will carry 15 marks each.
Candidates are advised not to spend more than 35 minutes on Question 1.
Candidates will be expected to bring graduated rulers (both metric and imperial), a complete mathematical set, a piece of string, and a simple non-programmable calculator for use during the writing of the paper.
Aims and Objectives
The examination will test the candidates’ ability to
- explain the concepts of differential character and the spatial relationships of the surface features of the earth;
- explain the concepts of man- environment relations (i.e. to analyze the life of man within his physical and cultural environments and to explain their interactions);
- demonstrate a basic knowledge of the nature and functioning of physical and human
- environments, particularly an understanding of their inter-relationships and the resulting issues;
- organize and formulate principles according to acquired geographical concepts and then apply these principles to interpret and analyze spatial problems in the immediate and wider environments;
- demonstrate skills and techniques for accurate, orderly, and objective geographical investigations to be carried out both in the classrooms and in the immediate environment;
- communicate geographical ideas effectively through reports, graphs, charts, sketches, diagrams, and maps;
- explain the cultural, social, and economic circumstances of people in their immediate environments and those of other countries within the sub-region.
WAEC Geography Textbooks
The list of WAEC recommended textbooks for Geography;
- R. B. BUNNETT & P.O. OKUNROTIFA General Geography in Diagram for West Africa Longman
- B. O. AKINDELE & G. C. LEONG Certificate Physical and Human Geography (West African Edition) Oxford
- STRAHLER, A. N. Introduction to Physical Geography Wiley International Ed
- MONKHOUSE, F. J. Principles of Physical Geography University of London
- UDO, REUBEN K. Comprehensive Geography of Tropical Africa. Longman
- UDO, REUBEN K. Geographical Regions of Nigeria Longman
- N. P. ILOEJE A new Geography of Nigeria (New Edition) Longman
- M. A. ABEGUNDE et al Senior Secondary Geography Series (1-3) Longman
- OBOLI, H.O.N. An outline of Geography of West Africa. Harrap & Company
- M. DUZE & AFOLABI OJO Macmillan Senior School Atlas. Macmillan
- N. P. ILOEJE, P.C. ONOKALA & F.O. ODEMERHO Basic Geography Course for Senior Secondary Schools Books 1-3 Longman
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Geography syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Required Documents For Neco Correction of Names 2023 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In DELSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In COOU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply