Waec Health Education Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Health Education syllabus? Waec Health Education syllabus for this year? Waec Health Education syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Health Education syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Health Education syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Health Education once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Health Education syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
This examination syllabus is drawn from the Senior School Health Education curriculum and directed towards empowering students to have correct, adequate, and timely information that will make them acquire attitudes and practices which will restore, maintain and promote positive health.
Since Health Education is skill-based and involves knowledge, belief, attitude, and practices, evidence of involvement in practical work will be determined through a practical test.
It is, therefore, essential that the examination syllabus is used in conjunction with the Teaching curriculum.
Waec Health Education Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study
Scheme of Examination
There will be three papers – Papers 1, 2, and 3, all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1 – Will consist of fifty multiple choice objective questions, all of which must be taken in 1hour for 50 marks.
PAPER 2 – Will consist of two sections, Sections A and B.
Section A will consist of six short-structured questions, all of which must be answered for 30 marks.
Section B will consist of three essay questions out of which candidates will be required to answer two questions for 40 marks. The paper will last 1 hour.
PAPER 3 – This will be a practical test for school candidates and an alternative test of practical work for private candidates. The paper will last for 1¾ hours and carry 80 marks.
This examination syllabus is designed to assess the extent to which candidates have been able to:
- acquire basic knowledge of the human body and necessary skills for the maintenance of health;
- acquire positive health practices in the school and community;
- identify and show the ecological relationship between man and his environment as a basis for preventing diseases;
- make observations and draw inferences from practical experiences that may have implications for health;
- develop readiness necessary for professional training in health-related careers.
Materials Needed For Health Education Exam
Materials needed in Health Education Laboratory/Examination
- Models of various organs of the body;
- Models of various parts of the body e.g. tooth;
- Human skeleton;
- Bones of the body;
- Contraceptive devices;
- Reagents for testing of starch, protein, fat;
- Road safety signs;
- Different types of safety elements;
- Posters/charts of systems of the body e.g. reproductive, digestive, excretory;
- First aid box and kits;
- Fire extinguisher;
- Sand bucket;
- Photographs of health facilities and workers e.g. doctors, nurses, and dentists at work;
- Photographs of methods of sewage and refuse disposals;
- Preserved worms;
- Preserved pests and vectors
- Photographs/posters of various types of communicable and non-communicable diseases;
- Model/poster showing parts of the body;
- Materials for personal hygiene e.g. toothpaste, comb, toothbrush;
- Dissecting set
- Photographs/posters of accident scenes;
- Photographs/posters showing methods of food preservation
- Photographs/posters showing disaster scenes;
- Photographs/posters of drugs commonly misused/abused
- Tobacco products;
- Hand lens;
- Real objects/photographs/posters/charts of classes of food;
- Photographs/posters showing correct postures
- Photographs/posters showing postural abnormalities;
- Poster/real object of sphygmomanometer, thermometer, litmus paper Snellen chart.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Health Education syllabus pdf”, now please share it with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Required Documents For Neco Correction of Names 2023 - March 4, 2023
- How to Fix JAMB Reprint Examination Slip Printing Not Allowed 2023 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In DELSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply