Waec History Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec History syllabus? Waec History syllabus for this year? Waec History syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec History syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec History syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec History once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec History syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
The syllabus will test candidates’
- knowledge of their national histories from earliest times to 2000 with emphasis on the relationship between the peoples and states;
- intellectual capacity and skills in historical interpretation and analysis;
- ability to use acquired skills in relating the past to the present;
- appreciation of factors that make for national unity and global understanding;
- exposure and appreciation of the similarities and differences in the National, social and political institutions;
- knowledge of the main historical developments in West Africa from the earliest times to 2000;
- ability to relate events in their country and West Africa to those of the outside world;
- ability to present clear, relevant, and logical arguments.
To achieve these aims, the examination shall consist of two papers, Papers 1 and 2; both of which must be taken.
PAPER 1 will cover West Africa and the Wider World from the earliest times to 2000.
PAPER 2 will be on the national histories of The Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone from the earliest times to 2000.
Waec History Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
There will be two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2, both of which must be taken. The papers will be composite and will be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: This will be a multiple-choice objective test of fifty items. Candidates will be required to answer all the questions in 1 hour for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: This will be a 2-hour essay-type test containing sets of questions on the histories of member counties. Each set shall be made up of three sections, Sections A, B, and C.
The sections for the sets of questions for Nigeria, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Liberia shall be on the following periods of their histories:
- Section A .. .. .. From the earliest times to 1800
- Section B .. .. .. 19th Century
- Section C .. .. .. 1900 – 2000
Those for Ghana will be as follows:
- Section A .. .. .. Landmarks of African history: From the earliest times to AD 1800
- Section B .. .. ..Ghana and the wider world: From earliest times to AD1900
- Section C .. .. .. Ghana: AD 1900-1991
Each section, for each country, shall have three questions. Candidates will be required to answer questions on the countries in which they are taking the examination ie their home countries. They will answer four questions in all, choosing at least one question from each section. The paper will carry 60 marks.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec History syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Actual ESUT Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In EKSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Actual EKSU Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply