Waec Metal Work Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Metal Work syllabus? Waec Metal Work syllabus for this year? Waec Metal Work syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Metal Work syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Metal Work syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Metal Work once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Metal Work syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
Waec Metal Work Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
WAEC Metal Work Textbooks
The list of WAEC recommended textbooks for Metal Work;
- Workshop Technology (parts 1 and 2) – W.A.T. Chapman
- Metalwork Technology – G. H. Thomas
- Metal Technology – C. E. S. A. C.
- Introductory Technology – C. E. S. A. C.
- Welding Technology – Gourd
- Mechanical Engineering practice – A. Green and W.H. Howe
- Crafts Theory and Related Studies – R.T. Pritchard Vol. 1 & 2
- Mechanical Engineering – R.I. Timings
- Metalwork Theory, Books 1, 2, 3, & 4 (Metric Edition) – P.F. Lye – Harrap, Lon
- Design Technology in Metal and Plastics (Metric Edition) – G.H. Thomas-John Murray
- Jab Metalwork Projects for African Schools and Colleges – R. Edward – Cassel Lon
- Basic Engineering Processes – S. Crawford
- Metalwork – R. Sandham & F.R. Wilmers
- Workshop Processes and Materials – J. V. Courtney
- Metalwork Projects and Theory (S.I. Units) – K. Parkinson
- The Theory and Practice of Metalwork (3rd Edition) – G. Love
- Metalwork for Schools and Colleges – J. N. Green
- Metal Cutting Machine tools – Adejuyigbe, S. B.
- 19. Metalwork Technology – J.K.N. Sackey S. K. Amoakohene.
The examination is designed to test candidates’ skills in basic design, practical work, and entrepreneurship.
It will also assess their knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials and understanding of those areas of creative thinking which can be expressed and developed through planning and working primarily on metals as part of general education.
The test will also assess the candidate’s competency in the fundamentals of manufacturing to pursue higher education in science and technology.
The aim of the syllabus is to test candidates’ acquisition of the requisite knowledge and skills needed to pursue further education and self-development in science and technology.
Candidates will be expected to
- observe safe working practices in the workshop;
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of tools, materials, and equipment;
- apply basic processes for the care and maintenance of hand and machine tools;
- have the ability in identifying, analyzing, and evaluating a problem;
- apply their knowledge of processes and materials to the solution of problems;
- demonstrate basic skills of good craftsmanship;
- apply knowledge of career opportunities in metalwork;
- have the ability to translate an idea into a project design.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The examination shall consist of three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3, all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
Paper 1: Will consist of forty compulsory multiple-choice objective questions. Candidates will be allowed 1 hour to answer the questions. The paper will carry 40 marks.
Paper 2: Will consist of five questions out of which candidates will be expected to answer four in 1½ hours. The paper will carry 60 marks. All questions will carry equal marks.
Paper 3: This will be a practical test of 3 hours. 10 minutes shall be given prior to the commencement of the examination for the study of the drawings.
The paper will consist of two questions out of which candidates will be expected to answer one.
They will be required to make a test piece for which the appropriate drawings will be supplied. The paper will carry 100 marks. Schools will be required to supply materials that will be needed for the practical test.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Metal Work syllabus pdf”, now please share it with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Actual EKSU Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Actual EBSU Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2022 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In EBSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply