Waec Social Studies Syllabus And Hot Topic You Should Study: Are you looking for the Waec Social Studies syllabus? Waec Social Studies syllabus for this year? Waec Social Studies syllabus 2023/2024? or Waec Social Studies syllabus for SS3 students?
How do I get Waec Social Studies syllabus for 2023 and what are the topics I should read to pass Waec Social Studies once and for all? This is the question so many Waec 2023/2024 candidates have been asking me.
Well, I answered the most I could answer and I thought it was a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “Waec Social Studies syllabus for 2023/2024” will get your answers below, continue reading!
Social Studies is a study of the contemporary problems of society. The subject prepares the individual to into society by equipping him/her with knowledge about the culture or ways of life of their society, its problems, its values, and its hopes for the future.
The subject is multi-disciplinary and takes its source from many subjects, e. g. Geography, History, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, and Civic Education. Essential elements of the knowledge and principles from these disciplines are integrated into a subject that stands on its own.
As a subject social studies helps students to understand their society better; helps them to investigate how their society functions and hence assists them in developing that critical and at the same time developmental kind of mind that transforms societies.
Our society has been a slow-moving one. It is hoped that the course will enable students to understand the social, cultural, environmental, political, and economic issues in Ghanaian society better.
This will enable them to examine society’s institutions and ways of life with critical and constructive minds. Through this, the country will surely be on the path to better and faster growth and development.
Waec Social Studies Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be two papers, Papers 1 and 2 both of which must be taken.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple-choice objective questions all of which must be
answered within 50 minutes for 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of three sections, A, B, and C covering the following areas of the
- Section A: The Environment
- Section B: Governance, Politics, and Stability
- Section C: Social and Economic Development.
- Section A shall contain four questions. Sections B and C shall contain three
questions each. Candidates will be required to answer five questions in all choosing at least, one question but not more than two questions from each section. Each question will carry 20 marks and the paper will last 3 hours.
The examination syllabus is aimed at testing candidates’
- understanding of the components of positive attitudes and values towards individual and societal issues
- knowledge of the components of society and their role
- understanding of democratic values and how they foster national unity
- understanding of the importance of the institution of marriage and family and their importance to society
- understanding of positive self-concept for the development of the individual, good inter-personal relationships, and social harmony
- awareness of socializing agencies and their roles in forging national unity
- understanding of the physical and social environment and the need to preserve them
- awareness of socio-economic problems in Ghana and how to solve them for sustainable development
- ability to cope with the problems of social change.
I hope I have answered your question on the “waec Social Studies syllabus pdf”, now please share with your loved ones, and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel I am not correct by using the comment box below!
- Required Documents For Neco Correction of Names 2023 - March 4, 2023
- How to Fix JAMB Reprint Examination Slip Printing Not Allowed 2023 - March 4, 2023
- Official List of Courses Offered In DELSU And Departments 2022 - March 4, 2023
Leave a Reply